On Thursday, February 18, 2021, police officers will be standing in front of King Edward VII’s hospital in London. According to Buckingham Palace, 99-year-old Prince Philip was admitted to a London hospital after feeling unwell. The palace said Queen Elizabeth II’s husband was admitted to the private King Edward VII Hospital on Tuesday evening.



Police officers and a doorman outside King Edward VII’s hospital in London, Thursday, February 18, 2021. Buckingham Palace said Queen Elizabeth II’s husband, 99-year-old Prince Philip, was in the private hospital of on Tuesday King Edward VII. Admitted evening after feeling unwell.



The British Prince Philip remains in the hospital as a precaution.

On Thursday, February 18, 2021, police officers will be standing in front of King Edward VII’s hospital in London. According to Buckingham Palace, 99-year-old Prince Philip was admitted to a London hospital after feeling unwell. The palace said Queen Elizabeth II’s husband was admitted to the private King Edward VII Hospital on Tuesday evening.



The British Prince Philip remains in the hospital as a precaution.

A police officer stands outside King Edward VII’s hospital in London on Thursday, February 18, 2021. According to Buckingham Palace, 99-year-old Prince Philip was admitted to a London hospital after feeling unwell. The palace said Queen Elizabeth II’s husband was admitted to the private King Edward VII Hospital on Tuesday evening.



The British Prince Philip remains in the hospital as a precaution.

Police officers are seen through a camera viewfinder as they stand outside King Edward VII’s Hospital in London on Thursday February 18, 2021. According to Buckingham Palace, 99-year-old Prince Philip was admitted to a London hospital after feeling unwell. The palace said Queen Elizabeth II’s husband was admitted to the private King Edward VII Hospital on Tuesday evening.

LONDON (AP) – Britain’s Prince Philip spent a third night in a London hospital after being admitted to Buckingham Palace earlier this week on a “precautionary” measure.

Queen Elizabeth II’s 99-year-old husband was admitted to the private King Edward VII Hospital on Tuesday evening. There were no reports of visitors arriving at the private hospital on Thursday.

The palace said Philip’s admission was made on the advice of his doctor and that he is expected to stay there for a few days “observation and rest”.

Philip’s illness is not believed to be related to COVID-19. Both the 94-year-old Queen and Philip received a first dose of a vaccine against the coronavirus in early January.

Philip, who retired from the public service in 2017, rarely appears in public. Its last public event was a military ceremony at Buckingham Palace in July.

During the current UK coronavirus lockdown, the Duke has been staying with the Queen at Windsor Castle, west of London, who has been performing duties such as meeting dignitaries from afar.

The royal household plans to celebrate Philip’s 100th birthday on June 10, if lockdown restrictions allow.

Philip married then Princess Elizabeth in 1947 and is the longest-serving royal consort in British history. He and the queen have four children, eight grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.