Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
On sale 10 a.m. Jan. 5
• MotorCity Cage Night XIII – Live Mixed Martial Arts: Feb. 10, Sound Board, Detroit, prices vary.
On sale 10 a.m. Jan. 12
• Chrisette Michele and Anthony David: April 16, Sound Board, Detroit, prices vary.
• Get The Led Out: Oct. 15, Sound Board, Detroit, prices vary.
On sale 10 a.m. Jan. 13
• “The Simon & Garfunkel Story”: March 18, Music Hall, Detroit, www.BroadwayinDetroit.com, $34+.
• “Legendz of the Streetz Reloaded Tour 2023” starring Rick Ross, TI, Gucci Mane, 2 Chainz, Trina, Jadakiss and Jucee Froot: Previously scheduled for Feb. 20, at Little Caesars Arena has been postponed. Tickets will be valid for the rescheduled date to be announced soon.
Note: Events are subject to change; check with venues for updates. Some events require masks, proof of vaccination or negative COVID test within 72 hours prior to event. Tickets on sale at 313Presents.com, LiveNation.com, Ticketmaster.com or the XFINITY Box Office at Little Caesars Arena.
• Sevendust: Dec. 28, Majestic Theatre, 4140 Woodward Ave., Detroit, majesticdetroit.com, all ages, doors at 6 p.m., $35 adv.
• Bohemian Queen(BQ) tribute band, featuring frontman Paulie Z: 8 p.m. Dec. 29, Sound Board Theater at MotorCity Casino, Detroit, www.soundboarddetroit.com.
• Larry McCray, Jim McCarty, Brendon Linsley Band: 7 p.m. Dec. 30, Token Lounge, 28949 Joy Road, Westland, www.tokenlounge.com, ages 21+, $20-$30+.
• A Pre-New Year’s Night of Jazz with The Phillips/Stewart Quartet: 7-9 p.m. Dec. 30, The PLAT, (Pontiac’s Little Art Theatre), 47 N. Saginaw, Pontiac, registration required, www.theplat.org, ages 21+, cash bar, tickets-$26.50+.
• Maze featuring Frankie Beverly and The Isley Brothers: Dec. 31, Fox Theatre, Detroit, 313Presents.com, prices vary.
• NYE with Electric Six with Duende: Dec. 31, doors at 8 p.m., The Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave., Ferndale, themagicbag.com, all ages, $25+ adv.
• Sober Party: Dec. 31, doors at 8 p.m., The Loving Touch, 22634 Woodward Ave., Ferndale, thelovingtouchferndale.com, ages 21+, $15+.
• New Years Eve with Toby Keith Tribute: 9 p.m. Dec. 31, Younger’s Irish Tavern, 120 S. Main St., Romeo, youngerstavern.com, $60+.
• Eptic: 8 p.m. Dec. 31, The Crofoot Ballroom, 1 S. Saginaw, Pontiac, thecrofoot.com, ages 18+, $35+.
• NYE Bash with Derek St. Holmes, Second Hand Mojo, Steel Lily: 8 p.m. Dec. 31, Token Lounge, 28949 Joy Road, Westland, www.tokenlounge.com, ages 21+, $15-$30+.
• Domestic Problems, Knee Deep Shag: Jan. 6, The Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave., Ferndale, themagicbag.com, ages 18+, $17+ adv.
• The Fruits, Wally Dogger & JonPaul Wallace: Jan. 7, The Parliament Room at Otus Supply, 345 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale, 248-291-6160, otussupply.com/parliament-room, $10-$15+ adv.
• Loud Luxury, Dom Chap, Teknono: Jan. 13, doors at 8 p.m., Royal Oak Music Theatre, 318 West 4th St., Royal Oak, royaloakmusictheatre.com, ages 16+, $22+.
• The Sound of Animals Fighting, Hail The Sun: Jan. 18, Majestic Theatre, 4140 Woodward Ave., Detroit, majesticdetroit.com, all ages, doors at 6 p.m., $29.50 adv.
• The Way Down Wanderers: 8-10 p.m. Jan. 20, at 20 Front Street, Lake Orion, www.20frontstreet.com, $22+.
• “RESPECT”-Film in Concert with Detroit Symphony Orchestra: 7 p.m. Jan. 4, world premiere of film about Aretha Franklin’s career, accompanied by Detroit Symphony Orchestra, at Orchestra Hall, 3711 Woodward Ave., Detroit, 313-576-5111, dso.org, $48+.
• Mozart, Montgomery & More-Detroit Symphony Orchestra: 7:30 p.m. Jan. 5 at The Berman in West Bloomfield Twp.; 8 p.m. Jan. 6 at North Ridge Church in Plymouth; 8 p.m. Jan. 7 at Kirk in the Hills, Bloomfield Hills and 3 p.m. Jan. 8 at Star of the Sea in Grosse Pointe, tickets for each are $30+ for adults, $10+ for students, 313-576-5111, dso.org.
• Twist & Shout-The Music of the Beatles Symphonic Experience: Jan. 6-8, Detroit Symphony Orchestra at Orchestra Hall, 3711 Woodward Ave., Detroit, 313-576-5111, dso.org, $19-$105+.
• Trans-Siberian Orchestra “Ghosts of Christmas Eve”: 3 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Dec. 29, Little Caesars Arena, Detroit, 313presents.com, prices vary.
• Holiday Walk and Winter Wonder Lights: Through Dec. 30, on the campus of Oakland University, Meadow Brook Hall, 350 Estate Drive, Rochester. By day, Holiday Walk transports visitors through the historic mansion, gen. Adm. timed tickets are $20 and youth tickets are $7.50, while Winter Wonder Lights is a self-guided outdoor event featuring light displays across the grounds, 5:30 p.m.-10 p.m. most evenings through Dec. 30. Adult tickets are $22 and youth tickets are $12 each, www.meadowbrookholidays.com.
• The Resolution Ball: Dec. 31, Annual NYE Experience at The Crystal & Fountain Ballrooms, Masonic Temple, 500 Temple St., Detroit, resolutionballdetroit.com, prices vary.
• HollyDazzle – A Renaissance Christmas Extravaganza: 5:30-10:30 p.m. through Dec. 31 at Michigan Renaissance Festival, 12600 Dixie Highway, Holly. HollyDazzle is a three-quarter mile outdoor trail featuring more than 1 million lights with several lighted Christmas scenes, caroling, storytelling, live Santa photo ops, games and crafts for the children, food to purchase at Santa’s Sweet Shoppe. Adults- $21.95, children ages 5-12- $8.95, Elf Bundle-$21.95, (1 Adult and 1 Child) Children ages 4 and younger admitted free, free parking, purchase tickets at www.michrenfest.com.
• Magic of Lights drive-through holiday lights display: Through Dec. 31, Pine Knob Music Theatre Parking Area, 33 Bob Seger Drive, Independence Twp. Passes must be purchased online at magicoflights.com/events/clarkston, $20+.
• Broadway-Themed Skate Party: 6-8 p.m. Jan. 5, Campus Martius, 800 Woodward Ave, Detroit, (313) 566-8250, downtowndetroit.org/event/broadway-themed-skate-party.
• Wild Lights at the Detroit Zoo: Through Jan. 8, on select weeknights and most Sundays from 5-9 p.m. Most Fridays and Saturdays, the event will take place 5-10:30 p.m., outdoor event limited to the front half of the zoo, no access to animal habitats, gen admission tickets are $17+ each, children younger than 2 are admitted free, parking is $8, wildlights.detroitzoo.org.
• Blake’s Skating Rink is open through Jan. 8, 2-7 p.m. Fridays, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays, Blake’s Orchard & Cider Mill, 17985 Armada Center Road, Armada, outdoor synthetic ice skating rink, surrounded by holiday décor, lights, and music, $10 per person for a 50-minute skating pass, available for purchase online or onsite, $5 for skate rental or guests can bring their own.www.blakefarms.com.
• The Rink at Campus Martius Park: Ice skating, $12 for adults; $9 for children 12 and under and seniors 59+; and $8 for military and first responders. Skate rental is $6, open through March 5, check for hours, 313-963-9393, DowntownDetroit.org. Downtown Detroit Markets and Cadillac Lodge are open Wednesday to Sunday, through Jan. 1.
• Holiday Lights Contest Tour: The City of Troy announced the winners of the Holiday Lights Contest in Troy. View the city’s interactive Holiday Lights Tour Map, online at troymi.gov/holidaylights.
• The Big, Bright Light Show: Nightly from 5 p.m.-midnight through Jan. 21, downtown Rochester businesses holiday lights, www.downtownrochestermi.com.
• Verdi’s “Aida”: 6:30 p.m. Dec. 30, at the Detroit Opera House, 1526 Broadway St., Detroit, www.detroitopera.org, $29+.
• “Les Miserables”: Through Jan. 8, Fisher Theatre, 3011 E Grand Blvd., Detroit, www.broadwayindetroit.com/shows/les-miserables, $36-$160+.
• “On Your Feet!-The Musical” (The Story of Emilio & Gloria Estefan): 7:30 p.m. Jan. 9, Macomb Center for the Performing Arts, 44575 Garfield Road, Clinton Township, www.macombcenter.com, $51-$69+.
• “Calendar Girls”: Jan. 13-28, Avon Players, 1185 Washington, Rochester Hills, Friday/Saturday performances-8 p.m., Sundays-2 p.m., AvonPlayers.org, 248-608-9077, $25+.
• Drop in Workshops: Dec. 29-31, Detroit Institute of Arts, Detroit, advanced reservations are required to visit the museum, dia.org, 313-833-4005.
• “The Immersive Nutcracker”: Through Dec. 31, Lighthouse ArtSpace Detroit, 311 E Grand River Ave., Detroit, immersive-nutcracker.com/detroit, $30+.
• “Constellations & Affinities”- Selections from the Cranbrook Collection: Through Dec. 31, Cranbrook Art Museum, 39221 Woodward Ave., Bloomfield Hills, [email protected], 248-645-3323.
• “Immersive King Tut”, digital art exhibition: Through Jan. 2, Lighthouse ArtSpace Detroit, 311 E Grand River Ave., Detroit, immersive-kingtut.com, $35+, timed tickets.
• Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit Detroit, digital art exhibition: 10 a.m.-9 p.m. through Jan. 2, at Lighthouse ArtSpace Detroit (Harmonie Club), 311 E. Grand River Ave., Detroit, 1-844-307-4644, immersivevangogh.com, $39.99+; 24.99+ for ages 16 and younger.
• “Conscious Response-Photographers Changing the Way We See”: Through Jan. 8, Detroit Institute of Arts, Detroit, advanced reservations are required to visit the museum, 313-833-4005, dia.org/art/exhibitions.
• Ryan Standfest “When Day Is Done”: Through Jan. 28, The Papier Galerie, in Galerie Camille, 4130 Cass Ave., Suite C, Detroit. An artist talk is scheduled for 6 p.m. Jan. 14, and a closing reception is 5-9 p.m. Jan, 28. Gallery hours are noon to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday, galeriecamille.com.
• Van Gogh’s Artistic Roots-The Hague School and French Realism: Exhibit through Jan. 29, Detroit Institute of Arts, Detroit, 313-833-4005, advanced reservations are required, dia.org/art/exhibitions.
• Disney Animation-Immersive Experience Detroit: Feb. 9-May 14, Lighthouse ArtSpace Detroit, 311 E Grand River Ave., Detroit, tickets.lighthouseimmersive.com/detroit, $39.99+.
• WanChuan Kesler’s “Urban Collection” Oil Painting Exhibit: Through Feb. 10, Farmington Hills City Hall, 31555 W Eleven Mile Road, Farmington Hills. Open during business hours Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Fall Exhibitions: Scott Hocking-“Detroit Stories”; James Benjamin Franklin-“Full Circle”; Bakpak Durden- “The Eye of Horus”: Through March 19, Cranbrook Art Museum, 39221 Woodward Ave., Bloomfield Hills, 248-645-3323, cranbrookartmuseum.org/future-exhibitions.
• The Hawk Makerspace: The Hawk – Farmington Hills Community Center, featuring craft space, specialized equipment including a laser cutter, 3D printer, and sewing lab. Makerspace users may purchase passes to use the equipment during Open Studio hours. Classes that currently have openings include Build Your Own Bandsaw Boxes, Shaker-Style Tables, Beginner Sewing, more, fhgov.com/play,-explore-learn/the-hawk/amenities/faq-hawk-makerspace-august-2022.aspx.
• Farmington Hills Public Art Program featuring 61 local artists: Farmington Hills City Hall, 31555 W. Eleven Mile Road, Farmington Hills, fhgov.com, 248-699-6709. On exhibit during business hours from 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
• Printmaking in the Twenty-First Century exhibit: Through April 9, Detroit Institute of Arts, Detroit, advanced reservations are required to visit the museum, dia.org, 313-833-4005.
• Rethinking Monuments-American Sculpture in its Time,1850-2000: Through April 9, Detroit Institute of Arts, Detroit, advanced reservations are required to visit the museum, 313-833-4005, dia.org/art/exhibitions.
• One Night Stans: Mike Green-Dec. 29-30; Hip-Prov With Tam White And Mike Green-Dec. 30; New Year’s Eve with Mike Green-Dec. 31, at 4761 Highland Road, Waterford Twp., OneNightStans.Club, 248-249-1321, 18+, prices vary.
• Mark Ridley’s Comedy Castle: Bill Bushart “Best in Michigan Standup 2022”-Dec. 28; Matthew Broussard-Dec. 29-31, Jackie Kashian-Jan. 5-7 at 310 S. Troy St., Royal Oak, comedycastle.com, 248-542-9900, ages 18+, prices vary.
• New Year’s Eve All Star Showdown improv game show: 7:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. Dec. 31, Go Comedy, 261 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale, www.gocomedy.net.
• Steve Trevino: Jan. 14, doors at 6 p.m. Royal Oak Music Theatre, 318 West 4th St., Royal Oak, royaloakmusictheatre.com, ages 18+, $34.50-$54.50+.
• “British Arrows 2022”: Dec. 29-30, Detroit Film Theatre at the Detroit Institute of Arts, 5200 Woodward Ave., Detroit, dia.org, $11+.
• “I Wanna Dance with Somebody” (PG-13): “Puss in Boots”: Dec. 30+, Farmington Civic Theater, 33332 Grand River Ave., Farmington, theFCT.com, 248-474-1951, $8.50+ gen. adm., $5.75 matinee.
• “It’s a Wonderful Life” 75th Anniversary: Through Dec. 31, Emagine Theatres, Emagine-Entertainment.com, prices vary.
• “Puss in Boots”: Through Jan 5, Milford Independent Cinema, 945 E Summit St., Milford, milfordcinema.org/tickets, $5+.
• “Corsage”: Jan. 6+, The Maple Theater, 4135 W. Maple Road, Bloomfield Twp., themapletheater.com, 248-855-9091, $12+.
• “EO”: Jan. 6-8, Detroit Film Theatre at the Detroit Institute of Arts, 5200 Woodward Ave., Detroit, dia.org, $11+.
• “Puss in Boots” sensory-friendly screening for individuals with sensory needs: Jan. 7, Emagine Theatres, Emagine-Entertainment.com, prices vary.
• “Some Like it Hot”: 8 p.m. Jan. 13, Redford Theatre, 17360 Lahser Road, Detroit, redfordtheatre.com, $5+.
• Fight Night Prospect Palooza Boxing Match: 8 p.m. Dec. 30, The Crofoot Ballroom, 1 S. Saginaw, Pontiac, ages 18+, $20.
• Yoga & Mimosas with live DJ set by Jemille Ali: 11 a.m. Jan. 1, Otus Supply, 345 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale, 248-291-6160, otussupply.com/parliament-room, $20+.
• Detroit Historical Museum, 5401 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Hudson’s Holidays pop-up exhibit is open at the Motor City Music gallery, featuring a selection of items, including the toys and decor that made the holidays at Hudson’s special, detroithistorical.org, museum gen. adm. is $10.
• “Deck the Halls with Dinos”: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. through Dec. 30, at Cranbrook Institute of Science museum, 39221 Woodward Ave, Bloomfield Hills, 248-645-3200, science.cranbrook.edu/explore/programs/events. Activities are free with the purchase of general museum admission, $9.50 – $13 each. Registration is not required.
• All Aboard! Model Railroad Exhibit presented by the Stoney Creek Model Railroad Club: noon-3 p.m. Dec. 28-30, Rochester Hills Museum at Van Hoosen Farm, 1005 Van Hoosen Road, Rochester Hills. Free for museum members and $5 for non-members.
• The Zekelman Holocaust Center (The HC): Free admission through Dec. 31, at The HC, 28123 Orchard Lake Rd., Farmington Hills, www.holocaustcenter.org. Additional tours and survivor talks are Dec. 27-30, (10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. docent-led tours; Noon- survivor talk). “To Paint is to Live”-The Artwork of Erich Lichtblau-Leskly exhibit is through April 30.
• Royal Oak Historical Society Museum: Open 1-4 p.m. Tuesday Thursday and Saturdays, closed New Year’s Eve-Dec. 31, royaloakhistoricalsociety.com, $10+ donation.
• The Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation and Greenfield Village: 20900 Oakwood Blvd., Dearborn, Ford Rouge Factory Tours Monday-Saturday, purchase tickets online, prices vary, thehenryford.org. “Heroes & Villains-The Art of the Disney Costume” exhibit through Jan. 1, The Henry Ford The Gallery by General Motors, with more than 70 original movie costumes.
• Belle Isle Nature Center: 176 Lakeside Drive, Detroit. Recent renovations and new programs and exhibits including the Sewer Tunnel Walk, Detroit Zoological Society, detroitzoo.org.
• Dossin Great Lakes Museum, 100 Strand Drive, Belle Isle, Detroit.
• SUE-The T. rex Experience: Through April 30, 2023, Cranbrook Institute of Science, 39221 Woodward Ave., Bloomfield Hills, science.cranbrook.edu/visit/events/2022-10/sue-t-rex-experience-opens, $8-$10+.
• “Electric Playhouse Travels”: Exhibit sponsored by General Motors, open through June 2023, Michigan Science Center, 5020 John R. St., Detroit, mi-sci.org, 313-577-8400, museum gen. adm. is $18+. The center participates in Museums for All, patrons show their SNAP EBT card and picture ID, general admission tickets are only $3/person for up to four people in their party, in-person only.
• Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History, 315 E. Warren Ave., Detroit, 313-494-5800, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., reserve timed tickets at thewright.org, $25+ gen adm.
• University of Michigan Museum of Art, 525 South State St, Ann Arbor, 734-764-0395, umma.umich.edu.
• Sloan Museum of Discovery: 1221 E. Kearsley St., Flint, www.sloanmuseum.org, 810-237-3450, admission prices vary.
• Michigan Activity Pass: Available for card holders of all Michigan public libraries, for free or discounted admission to more than 450 locations, including historic sites, cultural attractions and state parks, plymouthrockets.com/michiganactivitypass.
Submit events online at bit.ly/1iUM73e.